Monday, November 15, 2010

Back to the Antrim

Sadly, I have totally neglected my Antrim, but now that I've finished Doris' website, I have time to focus on it again and get it finished. Paris is going to build a custom kitchen, but I'm still wavering on layout. Here are some options I'm toying with. The green minimodernistas' ottoman is a placeholder for where the spiral staircase will go. I think the room is a little too open without an island, but then might be too cramped with one, so maybe an L shaped kitchen unit is the way to go. I'm not sure if there is room, but I think I might be able to squeeze a buffet behind the custom PRD table, but I'm going to hold off on that until the stairs are installed.
Paris designed the table based on this photo I found, and I want the kitchen cabinets to compliment the table, but I also love the look of the white frame around the dark cabinets in the kitchen photo. I'll keep you posted as to what we decide after I talk to Paris.

5 comments:

  1. Woohooo! You're going to work on the Antrim again!

    I'm personally leaning towards the first layout without the island or the "L" but thats because its more symmetrical and I am a sucker for symmetry.

    I am sort of in a similar dilemma with a scratch build, so I can't wait to see what you decide! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab, just remember if you put in an island bench, make sure it becomes a stove top bench and not a dirty dishes bench. This is also for full sized house, this is so you can talk to the family or guest while cooking.
    Rather than having a pile of dirty dishes and pots in the middle of the kithen

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you're back at playing...fantasy play has a way of relaxing us, doesn't it? Sure does take me away from the daily grind. Love that pix of the chartreuse kitchen! It's one of my favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you doing a stainless frig or refrigerator drawers? C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ann I would love to have the house done by the holidays, but finding the time is always an effort.


    Studio SWS Ha! So true, great advice.


    Doris I can't get enough of your chartreuse!


    Carol Not sure on the fridge yet, depends where it goes. Stay tuned... :P

    Mini :) s
    MMH

    ReplyDelete

Leave a message after the... BEEEEEEEEEP.